Today I thought I’d share my morning smoothie recipe. During the week I often work at 6 AM and sometimes if there is overtime I will start work at 5 AM!! So I need something quick and easy that will keep me full for a while! I make this in the mornings and then take it to go with me and drink it on my way to work.
This smoothie has been my go to for a while. In my mind I feel like it is reasonably healthy… It has some greens from the power greens and the powder, some healthy fats from the peanut butter, some protein powder, and some fruit! I’m sure there are healthier versions, but I have just found this to be perfect for me and it keeps me full for a long time! Plus its delicious! I swear it tastes like a PB & J sandwich but in a good way!
- 1/2 banana (frozen or fresh doesn’t matter)
- 1 large handful of power greens (spinach, chard, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 scoop of Vega plant based protein
- approximately 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low fat greek vanilla yogurt (plain would be fine too!)
- vanilla (or plain) almond milk or water (I usually do 2 thirds almond milk 1 third water) to the top of your frozen berries!
- Blend & enjoy!!
If you do try it out let me know what you think!!